Friday, January 17, 2014

Core'dinations Sketch Challenge

Hello everyone! Today I am bringing you a card I made for a Core'dinations Sketch Challenge. I love Core and the possibilities of what you can do with it are endless. Here is the card I created...

I am calling it Flutterby

I love love love butterflies, especially on cards and in scrapbooking. I also just recently got a Sizzix Texture Boutique (THANKS HUBBY) and fell in love with it. I used the texture boutique to get the dots on the card and on the butterflies, and I used Linen paper for the card. I love the texture that the linen paper gives my cards, so thats what I usually use. The Core'dintions paper is from the Tim Holtz Ranger collection (I believe). Ill double check and update that if needed. I embossed the scroll pattern and used my Core sanding block to get the look and feel of the card the way I wanted. The sentiment was made by me in my Cameo and written with my sketch pens. I colored the butterflies in with the sketch pens as well. I love that I was able to find colors that matched the card perfectly. Here is a close-up of the technique and the butterflies.

I absolutely loved loved loved working on this card and the sketch was amazing!! I will definitely use it again in more cards and look forward to a lot more uses of Core in my work. I hope you enjoyed the card and hope you all have a blessed day!! Always - Jameka :)


6 comments:

  1. Your card is lovely and just love how you did your sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. simply beautiful!!! i love the colors
    thanks for playing with us at core'dinations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! I love the 3D banner and the colors. Lots of fun movement in this card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card!! Love the embossing on the Kraft Core!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOOOOOOOVE it thanks so much for hanging with us and doing the Challenge over at Core'dinations!

    ReplyDelete